Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A star is born

Happy New Year Everyone!
I was inspired today...since I'm late for a birthday card (deadlines seem to get creative juices flowing for me).  My godson's birthday is later this week and I need to get his present out by tomorrow morning.  He is very sweet and he has created a hanging collection of my cards that I send him for his birthday.  So, this week I've created a rather different kind of card...a more wintery theme, compared to the mermaids and soccer playing boys I've sent in the past.

Today's card was inspired from Pinterest.  I used an Impression Obsession stamp and sentiment "A star is Born" and Stampin Up "Happy Birthday"  I used an SU die cut to cut out the window frame and Memory box trees.  All the snowflakes are randomly cut from SU, EK success and some older punches from my scrapbooking days (Family treasures), which I layered upon each other.  The patterened paper behind the snowmen are Me and My Big Ideas.  The actual scene is a window scene, though it's hard to see from the card but you can sort of make it out because one of the trees you can see is "behind" the other.  I hope he enjoys...I even made "snow" with flower soft and glitter!  Ugh...tomorrow I need to start getting some work done, just as my creativity started getting a boost...really enjoyed my break getting some much needed rest.  Wish it was longer.

I hope you enjoy, and once again, HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Margaret


No comments:

Post a Comment