Monday, January 28, 2013

It's Your Big Day

Monday, Monday...
Tomorrow is Schmitzy's big day. 
He has surgery to remove his "shell", "shingle" or however you want to refer to removing a large chunk of dead skin.  The infection is under control and the skin is releasing itself from his body, so it is time to come off and help the healing to continue.  We are fortunate because some of his skin that they thought was dead is already regenerating and is looking good.  I won't gross you out with photos, but please continue to think positive thoughts for him because this reaction to Keflex was of the most severe variety and we still have a long way to go before he is healed with more opportunity for things to go awry.
 
Tonight I have a card for our Office Manager who is retiring at the end of February after 21 years.  The planning for her party has commenced, so I thought I'd get this done tonight while I was thinking about it.  She has a shelf full of cards I have given her.  She is one that appreciates the efforts that go into creative endeavors.
 
 
I used the sketch over at MFT Wednesday challenge.  The dp is Authentique Collection Carefree.  I used MFT flower and border dies, as well.  I added little silver metal balls to the border and flower center.  I also put a flower in the interior of the card.
 
I am entering this card in the following challenges:
 
Crafting when we can - strawberries and cream
Dilly Beans - metal accents
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow with a Schmitzy update.
 
 
kathy b
 


2 comments:

  1. That poor little baby. He's so cute. I'm sorry he is having so much trouble. Healing thoughts are headed your way. I don't know what I would do if one of mine was having so much trouble.

    Your card is lovely! I'm sure your boss will love it. So sweet that she keeps your cards. I love the way you did the flower. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can and Good Luck! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card. No kidding she wants to keep the cards that you create for her. Thinking of you and your sweet little furry friend.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Crafting when we can. Hope you will join us next time. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete