Saturday, April 13, 2013

Butterfly Congratulations

This is Margaret posting tonight.  I write with a heavy heart.  I bought a new car three weeks ago and have been so careful driving it around--parking far away not to get it scratched.  Tonight I was picking up my daughter from a friend's house and it was so dark I couldn't see anything.  As I backed out of the driveway I heard this horrible crushing sound.  You know that horrible feeling when something like that happens?  Turns out I scratched the paint right off my bumper in two spots the size of a dime each.  So am making an appointment Friday to get it fixed.  I hope it won't be too pricey since I haven't even had my first car payment yet.  Oh boy.

Well this weekend I am super busy with grading and presentatings, and on top of it, I needed to make three cards for celebrating some colleagues and their achievements (On Monday is our party).  Today's card is the first one.  Super easy to make. But came out quite striking.

I used gold sparkly paper to cut out a Cheery Lynn butterfly die, MFT doily die, Martha Stewart edging.  SU sentiment and banner die cut.  The flowers are prima (old ones).  Three Swarovski crystals line the center of the butterfly.  Quite a sparkler!  This card was CASEd from this blog.



Below: Closeup


1 comment:

  1. Very pretty! Looks very different from the card you CASEd, though I see the template. AMazing how glittery stuff really changes the look! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete