Sunday, April 7, 2013

Dog Days

What a beautiful sunny day!
My irises started blooming today and we still have Bradford Pears blooming.  I think the birds must have spread some phlox seeds around because it is all over the place and we didn't have it last year, nor did I plant it!  It is beautiful and smells even better.  Even Sadie stops to smell it when we take our walks!

I have a monochrome card today using the sketch over at Come & Get It.  I was informed this morning that our 4-legged furry ones are almost devoid of their favorite Sunday treat - Merrick Wishbones (aka beef tendons).  So my job was to order some more.  After that, I needed to work on the rescue database so that we can acknowledge our recent donors on our website.  So then when I entered my art room, I definitely had doggy on the brain.  Here's what I came up with:


I used a set from Inkadinkado and then added a Lasting Impressions sentiment.  Everything is stamped with Versafine Black Onyx.  I used punches to make my squares and for the pawprint.  Ribbon is from stash.  

I am also entering the following challenges:

A Gem of a Challenge - animals
Paper Crafting Journey - monochrome

Thanks for stopping by!

kathy b

7 comments:

  1. Wow, great monochrome card! Thanks for joining us at PCJ! Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love monochrome and you have used it great in this card.


    Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't this a wonderful sketch? I love your take on it, your card looks great in black and white, and such a fun dog themed card too! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interpretation of the sketch. Love the theme. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! Love those images :) Ty for sharing with us @ Simply Create Too!


    Amanda
    SCTDT
    cricktncrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job with Judy's sketch. Love the dogs and the way you used the paw for the extra element. Thanks for joining us this week at Come and Get It.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous. I love the image and fabulous layout.
    Thank you for taking part in A Gem of a Challenge this week
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete