Monday, May 27, 2013

Seize the cupcake

So I'm cheating today folks.  Even though I'm on summer break, I'm actually still working with deadlines...not to mention am trying to recuperate after this last semester so my mojo is really really low.  Spring semesters always seem harder to me than Fall.  So today, I'm posting a card my daughter made...but I do think it is very high quality.  Claudia has discovered the joy of following templates.  The only problem is that now that is one more thing I need to share with her (which we are still working on putting things back in their places after we finished using them!).

I am really happy with this card she made especially since I've never used this stamp and sentiment because I never felt inspired what to do with them.  (Impression Obsession image and Hero Arts sentiment)  I think it came out perfect!  And she dug through all the stashes and pulled out this patterned paper which I was saving to make baby scrapbook pages out of (which may never happen)...this paper is from 1999!  Talk about good use of stash.  She said this card will go to her grandma in North Carolina who celebrates in July.  As you can see, she follows after her mother's footsteps with loads of sparkly stuff (Stickles). :)  Although you can't tell, the cake plate is actually 3D and popped up with foam.  She "inserted" the cupcakes within the hollows.  She was cracking herself up making this card--and I can totally see her sense of humor coming out (She's just short of being a sugar holic--she blames it on me, her mother the nutritionist, who has scarred her since birth with tricking her into eating too many vegetables).  Or so that's her side of the story.  Speaking of that little stinker--I just got notified she started following one of my boards on Pinterest (It's almost 10pm!)  I need to go nip that in the bud right now!

Hope you enjoyed this cutie---Thanks for stopping by! Margaret


1 comment:

  1. This is adorable...she is starting to outshine you in this cardmaking business!!! I guess the trick is to start them young!!! Great job, Claudia!

    ReplyDelete