Sunday, August 10, 2014

When You Wish Upon a Star...

Oh my...
it has been far too long since I have posted here.
So much has happened.  I've even been to Colorado to visit Margaret.
I've had some health issues that have kept me out of my art room for awhile.  I hope to slowly get back into the swing of things.  My mojo seems to be returning and my desire to create is definitely back.  Now if I can keep health issues at bay, I just may get back to posting regularly!
 
Tonight I have a card I created for my sister-in-law who is having a birthday this week.  No worries, she doesn't follow my blog, so this won't spoil it for her.
 
 
I used a technique I learned at a shop Margaret and I visited when I was in Colorado.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks for the background, spritzed with water and heat dried.  Then I stamped the trees in Black Onyx.  I got this stamp in CO, too.  The sentiment is from Rubbernecker and I just love it.  I added a pewter star from my stash on the purple haze and mounted it on layers.  Easy peasy!
 
I'm entering the following challenges:
 
ABC Challenge - Q is for quote
Wags n Whiskers - birthday
 
I made 3 cards yesterday, so I will post again this week!  Yea!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
kathy b


3 comments:

  1. A lovely scene with a gorgeous quote. Thanks for joining us at ABC, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beauty--especially the star right there on the purple. LOVE IT. And it's inspiring. The blue looks like an opening to some celestial portal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love your background.

    Thanks for joining us at Sweet 7 Digital Designs.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete